Saturday, August 8, 2009

FINISHED WITH SUMMER COURSES!!!!!!

I can't believe I made it through 2 summer classes. It wasn't until I was well into the courses (too late to drop) that I realized that I had taken one too many classes for starting back to college. The Math class (5 units) totally kicked my butt!!!!! Thank goodness I had help from Jason, Heather, Brian, and Amy!!!!! I could have never done it with out them. My final was last night, and now I have a 10 day break until the next class starts. I had fun with the PowerPoint presentation for my computer class. We had to choose to do it on a wedding, honeymoon, or dream vacation. I chose to do it on a vacation in St. Croix since I had a ton of pictures from our mission. It brought back soooooo many fun memories! The teacher gave 5 extra points if it made him sing or dance, and I got the points. I tried to upload it on this blog, but no luck.

Now I have to get going on harvesting our peaches, which aren't very good this year. They keep dropping off the tree before they're ripe and some are rotting from the inside out. I'm sure we need to fertilize next year.


My little garden is kind of producing, well, all except the green beans. I think I planted them too late in the season. But the bell peppers, chili's, jalapeno peppers, and cherry tomatoes are producing. I tried zucchini, but they never went past 2 inches tall so I pulled them out. Once again, I think I need to work the ground more with fertilizer. I'm going to try winter crops next like lettuce, onions, maybe some broccoli.

1 comment:

Amie said...

congrats on finishing up your classes! Whoo hooo! Yes, two for a summer is quite a lot! And your garden looks great. Too bad the peaches aren't doing well!